In addition to fulfilling our legal obligations, we are active in ensuring that we mitigate as much as possible any and all potential environmental impacts our works may have. We have completed numerous contracts which have taken place in sensitive river environments including Special Protection Areas (SPAs) and Special Areas of Conservation (SACs).
In order to provide confirmation of our procedures and processes we have instigated the following:
- Established an Health, Safety and Environmental Management System which is externally audited and certified to ISO14001 and ISO45001.
- Implement environmental audits and inspections on all our sites on a regular basis.
- We are pround to say we were awarded a CEEQUAL award in 2006, which was the first in Ireland, in conjunction with Kildare County Council and Laing O’Rourke (Our JV partner). Very Good Grading – http://www.ceequal.com/ for brief summary of what the award is about.
Our aims are as follows:
- Reduce the impact of our construction work on the Environment by carrying out all works in a sympathetic manner
- Reduce our consumption of natural resources through implementing the latest technology where possible
- Inform and train our staff to be aware and conscious of the environmental implications of their activities and to take the necessary precautions when working to avoid an environmental incident
- Liaise with the Inland Fisheries and National Parks and Wildlife to identify constraints and minimise our impact during construction.
- To maintain our environmental incident free record.